Friday, September 28, 2012

Introduction: Voss Foster


If you want to get to know someone, look at their bookshelf.

I've been saying that almost as long as I've been ogling bookshelves (Do you think I’m kidding? Invite me over for coffee some time. I’m looking at your bookshelf. Even if I have to wait for you to disappear to the bathroom.). So, since I’m new here, this is a sampling of what’s on my bookshelf:

The Cyberiad by Stanislaw Lem
The Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling
The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
Misadventures in a Thumbnail Universe by Vincent W. Sakowski
The Changeling Race Trilogy by Frances Pauli
The Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn
The Millennium Trilogy (I’m seeing a trend here) by Stieg Larsson

So that’s me in a nutshell. Oh. That’s not enough? Are you sure? Drat. All right, I’ll try it the traditional way. Under protest.

I’m Voss Foster, speculative fiction author, editor, grammarian, and amateur belly dancer. A lot of times, people try and get me to tell them why I write speculative fiction. Well, I've never had an answer. My brain is just hardwired to turn every little thing into nicotine-addicted fairies, giant space tarantulas, and demons.

In my upcoming release, Tartaros, through Prizm Books, those demons run a little wild. Well, more than a little. Apocalyptically wild. I thought it sounded like a pretty good romp, so I ran with them. And, early next year (I don’t want to say when exactly. I might jinx it.), I hope you’ll run with them. Just make sure you bring your holy water, in case they get a little bit too wild for your liking. It tends to scare most of them off.

As we get closer to the release date, there’s going to be more about it, mostly over at my blog, Demon Hunting and Tenth Dimensional Physics. Heck, I don’t even know what could be in store. Those demons can get a little bit restless, sometimes.

For now, if you’re dying for a taste of my writing (Don’t lie. I know you are.), I have a page of published works over at my blog. If I were you, I’d check it out. I heard it on the street that I’m pretty awesome. Can’t remember who said it. It might have been me.

For now, toodles and blessed be,
Voss

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome Voss! Looking forward to your release day!

Voss Foster said...

Thanks, Kristi. So am I.

Kari Jo said...

Hi and welcome! Prizm is a cool place to be.
I love the image of you checking out people's bookshelves when they're in the bathroom. I've done the same.
I visited your blog and enjoyed it, and I really liked that little blue bird zipping around! I would love to invite one to play on my blog. How do you encourage it to stay? Do you have special food?

Guy said...

I like your style sir. I'll have to read your work with the light on and a nice relaxing glass of milk.

Voss Foster said...

Kari Jo: I really do check the bookshelves. I also have minor heart attacks whenever I see them missing any books in a series, so it's a mixed blessing sort of thing.

The bird takes a little HTML coding, but here's the link with instructions, if you use Blogger for your blog.

http://www.mybloggertricks.com/2011/05/add-cute-flying-twitter-bird-to-your.html

Voss Foster said...

Guy: They're not that bad...usually. Although I do recommend reading with the light on. Better for your eyes.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I'm very much looking forward to working with Prizm.